Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bloody Mary's For Dad.. Happy Father's Day!

Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day!

A drink maybe your father or any male member of your family would like.

The Bloody Mary Cocktail is an acquired taste . I remember the first time a boyfriend ordered it for me , when I was 19 years old , he promised it would not be too alcoholic , made from tomato juice so it would be healthy with a little kick . I don't know what I was expecting it to taste like , but it was just horrid in my mouth . As the years went by and I tried it a few more times , it grew on me and now I don't mind having one now and again ,  that's if I'm making one myself , with fresh tomatoes .
It's indeed very healthy , with a spicy kick from the Tabasco sauce and the Worcestershire sauce . I would recommend everyone to try it . We can't get enough tomatoes into our body , it's healthy and definitely a cancer fighting vegetable , from a Mediterranean diet where people live well into their 80's .
The Bloody Mary drink was said to be invented in 1921 in Paris at the New York Bar , a frequent hangout for writer Ernest Hemingway .

The Recipe for  A Bloody Mary Cocktail  :
4 fresh ripe tomatoes , blend it to make a rich juice
2 ounces of Vodka
1 lemon to garnish and a teaspoonful of the juice
1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
3 drops of tabasco sauce
pepper & salt
a dash of celery salt


Hope you had an awesome day. Keep smiling!

Love & Peace!

1 comment:

  1. great work. love it. i just follow
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete