Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February Delight .. Tasty Fish Curry !

Happy Tuesday !

It's February and if you are just wishing winter away YEAHHHH !!!! not long to go for March and an improvement in temperatures !  Easter comes pretty late this year almost at the end of April ... My birthday month and my eldest child's as well so lots to celebrate :)
But February brings us a very special holiday and I love Valentine's Day ! This year though is not about me trying to go out of my way to show loved ones how much I love them . I am going to make it about them proving how much I am loved ! Maybe it's about time we girls need to sit back and let these men do the proving . I love tattoos and I thought it's such a brilliant idea if your loved one makes this huge gesture and makes you forever marked on his body . Well only if he loves you and is not using you , like I have been used and played for years !
I show my kids how much I love them , by making sure I cook and feed them healthy good food every day . Food they love and enjoy and in years to come when I'm gone they will remember I loved to make them great food ! Food is always a way to a persons heart but well not everyone loves spicy food or rice and if you are unfortunate to meet a person who does not share your love of spicy things , what do you do ??? There are ways to get around that yes just make time to cook something else as well :) If he's worth it lol ... Just make sure it's healthy and good food .
But just to remind everyone , some butter and fat in your food is good for you and your brain . You need fat for your brain to be healthy and active ! It's the trans fat ,junk food so often which replaces a good home cooked meal which is bad for you ! Snacks between meals , you know what I'm talking about .. the packets of crisps , the cookies , the Chips , and chocolates and any amount of junk you shovel down your mouth .
Fruit salads , Veggie bowls are healthy and you could never go wrong with it . Eggs are great protein and very easy to wrestle up . Likewise fish is a great choice and depending on the fish alot of them contain fish oil ( the oily fish ) which is good for your brain and great for growing kids and elderly people . Well women who are pre-menopausal and feel like they are losing their memory and can't remember everything great choice fish !
So to get back to a great Meal choice for me and my kids is a Fish Curry with rice !! Yum def. a recipe to try , and I'm sharing the one I use , every week , with you all !

Fish Curry .

400 grms boneless pieces of fish
1 and a half cup of coriander leaves chopped up
2/3 tomatoes
1 onion , chopped up
8 cloves of garlic
5 green chilies
2 teaspoons of methi seeds ( fenugreek )
2 teaspoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
Salt
100 grms of oil

Marinate the fish in salt and turmeric powder for 15 mins or a little bit more
Shallow fry the fish and keep it aside
Blend the coriander leaves garlic and chilies together
Heat the oil ,fry your onions , then put in your paste and  fry for a couple of minutes till the oil separates
Add the tomatoes , methi seeds and the powdered masalas and fry for about 5/6 minutes
Add 2 cups of water and let the gravy bubble away till it comes to a boil
Then add the fish pieces and let it simmer for about 7 minutes .
Serve the curry hot , it's ready to eat .
You could add a squeeze of lemon for extra zest !!
Image result for pictures of fish curry

Happy cooking !!  And whatever you do , just  keep smiling , even if your boyfriend lover whatever he is , chooses to sit at the back of the bus with a couple of girls, even though half the front is empty and the excuse is a women with a small dog was sitting in the front yeah he's a jerk just get him to tattoo your name on his wrist and all is good :) Have an awesome day !

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment