Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Depression It's A Serious Issue !

Happy Tuesday !

Sitting and watching the BBC documentary on Depression when well known people who have carved a name for themselves decide to talk about depression and how it's had an impact on them is somehow far removed from the normal person struggling with depression and trying to make it through life . These privileged people like Alistair Campbell can pop pills and say it's hard they are miserable all the time but still continue with life . Is he actually going out and helping people who also suffer with depression ?

Depression is a lot more serious and ordinary people don't have the money to be seen by therapists when they are at low points and suicidal ! How many young people have sadly taken their lives because the NHS is too overworked and are short on staff to take on the hundreds and thousands now affected by depression !  It is a laugh to see how all this money can help a rich person to have all these new treatments to help him cope with depression . I don't want to see a rich person struggling but what is done about the ordinary person struggling everyday ?

Yes running , music, keeping fit helps with fighting depression but do ordinary people have a coach , a camera crew motivating them to get up make money making a documentary and go about helping fight depression . It's not an easy task and an uphill struggle fighting depression . Neither Alistair Campbell or Nadiya Hussain's Fight has inspired me . I still have very low points and feel helpless , especially when everyday things can knock me down emotionally !

At the weekend while in the Netherlands at a local village's Feast- week ( a week of parties and fun activities for the locals ) I attended a bar's all day & night fun with a band music drinking and dancing . It was fun the first half of the day but the people got more drunk and rowdy as it turned dark and night fell . I sat at the bar, with a person of security sitting next to me thinking ,yes I'm safe , well it apparently counts for nothing because I soon had men coming and rubbing their hands all over me and telling me to smile,because I'm so beautiful when I smile . When I protested and said stop I don't like this, they just laughed and said why , it's not sexual, just fun . Oh and security said relax just drink some more ,come on have fun . Really ?? is that how women are treated drink more so you can relax and let men touch you up ?? One dude actually came and pressed my boobs , I felt sexually violated that night and feel quite depressed but ofcourse being a women there is no help or understanding . Oh yes and I was physically assaulted too, violently pushed because I went to ask for help behind the bar because two young girls were calling for a long time for first aid because one had cut her hand badly , and nobody was responding . Makes me sick to think about society and the stuff girls endure without any equal rights .

Today I heard on the news Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain has collapsed .Jamie Oliver was too greedy opening out so many restaurants and hoping to make billions !! Now he dares to hope for a Government bail out WTF ?? He should live like a normal person have one restaurant and live off it .  I can't stand greedy people . Actually feeling happy with the news :)  Cheers to the people who work hard and make do with small profits !  We need to think about others more and live happily within our means !

Have an awesome day and keep smiling . It's tough but life could be tougher . Experience teaches us valuable lessons !

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment