Monday, November 13, 2017

Delicious Chicken In A Pan !!

Happy Monday !

Today I thought I'd share with a nice chicken one pot recipe, which is super healthy and really easy to put together. Don't underestimate a one pot recipe, it can be very delicious, too. Have it with rice, if you can't live without it or combine it with any of your favourite side dishes. A rice, leafy green salad, or another favourite of mine, some pico de gallo. That's a Mexican word for a tomato salsa ''thing'' which I LOVE !
.Image result for pictures of one pot chicken



The Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 Vidalia onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 stalks celery (diced)
1 red pepper (sliced in thin strips)
1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
1 medium tomato (chopped)
½ cup brown rice (uncooked, not instant or quick cooking)
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups vegetable stock or broth (unsalted or low sodium)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup frozen green beans

Directions:

  1. In a stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place all the ingredients except the frozen green beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 35 minutes.
  2. Stir in green beans, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes longer. If needed, add ¼ to ½ cup more stock or water if no moisture left in bottom of pot. Ready to eat as soon as green beans are cooked.

Hope you managed to take in the EMA's yesterday , it was very entertaining and although I thought it was completely unnecessary for Rita Ora to change her outfits a zillion times . some were completely ridiculous , but she was a very good host and her wigs were fabulous ! And again who was the artist who won most of the awards ? Oh yes I remember it's Shawn Mendez well I don't think he's all that grand , but I believe it's the young girl following that's pushing him up there , lol.

At the X Factor show , Harry Styles was compelling he definitely had the Mick Jagger vibe about him , and even though in his days at One Direction I thought he was NAFF and too commercial I now think he's getting some class and becoming a real Star performer . I would pay to go see a concert of his ..Yes really !!

Before I end I must say The Real Housewives of Cheshire this season has been something else , every episode riveting . My Monday's have never been the same can't wait for the night to see the next instalment every week . My favourite's have definitely been  Leanne, Tanya & Esta ..I used to like Dawn Ward but she has just turned out to be some nasty shouting fish wife really ! The funniest part is Eric Peters doing stints on Real Housewives, football doesn't pay him enough lol .. he needs to do something else . His wife is a disaster Never throw a drink over somebody at a party and a children's party at that , disgraceful behaviour ... I absolutely can't stand her very nasty evil look in her eyes most of the time !!! But that's my opinion . You guys always keep it classy !

Have an awesome day and keep smiling!

Love and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment