Thursday, June 6, 2019

June Inspiration .. Getting Poetic !

Happy Thursday !

It's a grey day but hey I love Thursday's ever since I was a child so what if I feel a little annoyed about the day before not everything in life will go just the way you want it too . So since  I'm feeling so chirpy today thought I'd just pen a little poem about my crush . Life is short and if you have no one that loves you I guess it's just better to remember the things that make you smile !

My Crush , My Love I'm Not Yours !

Long limbed , athletic a vision of handsomeness I had only dreamed about , just walked into the bar !
My eyes twinkled , my crush was real no dream .. I knew who he was !
Violins played , sopranos sang the whole damn symphony in harmony
Butterflies fluttered and my heart raced .. Calm down shallow thought the night is young
The wine touched my lips , as I raised my glass
The crisp tangy notes tasted sweet
My tongue anticipated the touch of his mouth on mine
Our lips softly touching , fleetingly moving in full view of the revellers ..
His hand stroking my thigh , soft and gentle like warm rain falling on your skin
And cooling you down from the penetrating hot rays of the summer sun
My lover I am not yours !

Jolted back to reality, his eyes caught mine across the room
No denying mutual attraction
Those eyes I look into every week not whirlpools of blue , which I normally yearn
But beautiful brown gems which glittered and sparkled and shone just for me
Darling I am not yours  !

Handsome and strong those hands have laboured long hours
And when he lifted me in his arms , light as a feather I'm sure it felt not more than a bag of hay or a birthed calf
Cows out to pasture , fields of green , meadows of corn
A man of the outdoors
My farmer , my lover I am not yours !

I yearn your naked body touching mine , your hand brushing my soft hair off your lips as we lay embraced
Could it not be every night ? We lie and gaze and dream at wondrous images of future and family and years and years
But babe I am not yours !

My life has but a few years but yours has many many more miles to go
Winding crossroads made my soul stumble yours
I love you a little but honey I am not yours !

Hope you enjoyed reading this have an awesome day and never stop smiling . You have one life make it count .

Love & Peace !

No comments:

Post a Comment