Monday, August 7, 2017

Tips For Travelling & My Experience!

Happy Sunday!

I have been travelling and just returned from a lovely vacation. Nothing beats spending time with the children away from the xbox ,but of course phones are something we all carry with us so it's not social media goodbye for that time. But somehow managed to take in lots of sightseeing, the beach although it was not burning hot and I can't say I sunbathed in my bikini. Shopping abroad is a joy and even though I have tons of clothes I stll managed to buy a couple of big bags of stuff. It's also highly unlikely I will be throwing out any of my clothes from my wardrobe to make space. Although I always remember a show of Oprah Winfrey where she said if you don't wear something for six months get rid of it. Of course I never do that. Most often I don't need my winter clothes for six months but I def. need it when the cold months roll along!

Why is it that women love to buy lingerie? I buy so much and it's not like I have anyone to appreciate it , lol. But you are never completely dressed if you don't have something sweet on underneath. We have got to dress up and take care of ourselves if we are to have good self esteem, confidence, and look smart. It's a basic tool to surviving. Don't dress like a slob unless you are very,very rich. I do know if you are travelling on a plane and they are looking to upgrade people, chances are higher you could get an upgrade if you are dressed smartly.

I always try to dress casual smart when travelling some dark colored leggings, a tank top, or a nice blouse and always a smart blazer instead of scruffy denim jackets Keep those for days when your sight seeing or walking at a market place. A nice scarf is a must and don't forget the sunglasses. I often put them on if I want to rest and drown out everybody else. I can't say I ever get sleep on a plane no matter how long the flight. I just don't feel comfortable. As the air on a plane is very drying on the skin, one of the first things you should do is clean your face and remove your makeup. Then slather on some moisturizer. Don't forget to regularly use hand sanitizer and then some hand lotion. Keep hydrated on a flight by drinking water and I would recommend not more than two alcoholic drinks. In any case the in flight drinks are not cheap and pointless having more than two.. It relaxes me and time flies by. Don't forget the iPod so music can entertain you, it does me. I always try and buy a few magazines to catch up with gossip or fashion news on the flight. A book is not the best because I have to put it down too many times as the children also like my attention.

If like me sometimes you have to travel alone to catch up with the rest later, it's nice to make friends on the plane. Although don't talk too much in case the person does not want to be disturbed. I met a very nice young man travelling and he even serenaded me with some violin playing, it was very sweet. The funniest part was when he took out his wallet to show me how small it was and the notes in Europe are so large for it. In the USA, smaller wallets are normal. But maybe he was trying to show me how much cash he had, lol. I don't know! No, we did not exchange numbers. He was 24 and me I said I had children!

On the plane I try to keep my food light. I know a lot of people turn up their nose at airline food and travel with some fruit, but I like to nibble at whatever they serve, but I never eat it all up. Travelling with children can be bothersome if they are very young so it's always advisable to have another adult with you. I remember I traveled long distance when my daughter was a baby at five months I took her alone on a KLM flight. It was the absolute worst flight of my life with a small baby I never ever traveled with them again. I remember I had to go to the toilet and I asked the air hostess to carry my baby until I got back. She refused. Luckily a whole host of passengers jumped to take the baby for me, they were very helpful. The air hostesses only sat around reapplying their red lipstick. They made a problem warming up the baby's milk and when I insisted they do it , they took the milk and didn't return with it. When I went looking for them the milk was bloody hot and my baby was crying with hunger. I honestly think the best thing is stay away from that airline. KLM truly the worst in the world. On another journey when I took my baby a few months later, I went with SAS. The best experience of my life, definitely the best airline in the world, in my opinion. They were brilliant with me and my baby. Although the air hostess are a bit older than the KLM bimbos, they are absolute treasures. I always try to make sure when i fly , I choose SAS. British Airways is also a very good airline I have always had positive experiences withthem.



Okay hope you found my blog helpful, if you are planning a journey soon. Have fun, keep smiling and have an awesome day.

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment