Sunday, October 25, 2015

Grateful ?? On A Sunday , Can We Feel Ungrateful ??

Happy Sunday !!

Today after a very long time an old friend came to visit me ,and how nice it is to catch up with faces we have not seen in ages . It is even better when they remember what you like and what you don't ! So if anyone knows me well would know that I find money very important and it is the key factor in surviving . Without money , you are a nobody and being a single mother with three kids , I almost always have no money and I always fear I will have nothing . not a nice way to live , but life is seldom very nice !
So my dear friend visits and she brings me a bunch of flowers , yes I love flowers and a scratch card .  She does know that if it's a birthday or celebration and anyone asks me "what  would you like ? " it's always a scratch card or a lotto ticket . I always live in the hope maybe one day it will happen and I won't have to live in fear of being poor without anything !
So I am super excited when I see it , and I say " Nice , how thoughtful I know this five pound scratch card , I have seen it in the shops !! " She says" No dear it's a ten pound scratch card ! " I look again closely and it is indeed a ten pound scratch card , which looks exactly like the five pound one almost no difference ! What a cheat and a rip off I think ! I am certainly not feeling happy or grateful , you could have two five pound ones for that price and a double chance of winning ! The world is certainly getting bad , getting ripped off with a scratch card ! I would never buy it ! Never !!
Maybe she looked at me like I was not grateful , but I looked at her like she was stupid to spend money on something which is exactly like something half the price !
So I halfheartedly thought maybe I would have a prize on it and it would cheer me up ! No it had nothing on it and I truly felt she wasted her money !
Just thought I'd share my Sunday with you ,and show you the scratch card , it looks exactly like the five pound one and it's double the price . Don't be ripped off ! I would never spend any money on that !!
It's very hard to feel grateful , in a very tough world . I wish life was different , but it's not . Enjoy your Sunday , and it's okay to feel ungrateful we are human after all ! No God would never think badly of us , if we are willing to confess ingratitude !
I saw a nice movie on telly tonight , which I never got to see when it was first made , and what a wonderful film it was " Angela's Ashes " it had the best script ever and I loved all the lines , eye opening about poverty in the 1930's and a struggling family in Limerick , Ireland !
One of the best lines in the movie , I thought was " You might be poor and your shoes might be broken , but your mind is a Palace " truly beautiful !
The other quite random line which made me smile  was when the boy went to Confession ( which he did regularly ! ) He tells the priest "Bless me father for I have sinned , I have done some dirty things , " and the priest says "What was it , with yourself , with another or with a beast "  And the boy thinks , this priest is not from here he's from the Country " Beast ??? " he is opening my eyes to new things  lol ...
Good Movie , and definitely  a recommendation from me , if you have never seen it ,
first time around . A movie to touch your soul and spirit ! I shall go to bed with it still stirring my thoughts !

Keep smiling , Love & Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment