Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Victory For Scotland & One For Arthur!

Happy Saturday!

The event of the year was today, The Grand National at Aintree, Liverpool. All 40 horses and jockeys finished safely and that beats any winning slip! Can't say I picked out the winner like I did in the 3 previous years. The horse was a surprise for me, ''One For Arthur,'' named after Arthur Guinness,  Ireland's most famous brewer,  proved to be a worthy winner finishing ahead of the horse I was so sure would have it by a length at least. Blaklion, my choice, finished 4th even though the betting shops paid out for 6 places I had it for the win. Slim chances on winning too much at 14/1 odds. But saying that I still had a decent smile on my face when Gas Line Boy, at 50/1, trained by Ian Williams, came 5th. So my E/W bet on it, gave me a tidy little something!
The winner was ridden by Derek Fox. A young jockey making quite a name for himself. On March 9th, he broke his wrist and collarbone in a fall but recovered to win hardly a month later today. A tough young man with a great future ahead of him. Jockey's are made of something else. Fire & endurance, hence I admire them so much.
It was a brilliant day. A win for Scotland after a great many years , 38 years to be precise and only the second time ever ! Congratulations Lucinda Russel, trainer of One For Arthur. She and her partner Peter Scudamore a champion jockey himself , have much to celebrate . A good and worthy win! The sun shone, it was a warm day. 70,000 people arrived at Aintree , no train strike managed to keep them away , to see the Grand National. The fashion was no let down. The drinks flowed and safe to say everyone had a good time!


Hope you too had an awesome day too. Keep smiling.

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment