Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Do they Know It's Christmas ???

Hi everyone , hope you all had a good day . Just penning my few thoughts for today before I snuggle under the duvet and hit the land of "Nod ".
A few close friends of mine happened to mention "Do they know it's Christmas "Bob Geldorf "s Charity single, has reached number one in the charts . While we were all divided about our thoughts towards it , I certainly had a few and reckoned I'd blog about it .
One of the first things I learned at home growing up , was what my father always  told us "Charity begins at home "a line I cherish and love now that I'm all grown up and have kids of my own ! Thanks Dad it was an awesome thing to teach us kids !
So as it is in my opinion with , Charity begins at home ,it would suit everyone , if more was done to help our own people instead of concentrating on Africa . What has been achieved in Africa ? Despite billions being sent there through the years . It's been like 30 years with the first Live Aid Concert in 1985 where millions were raised to help Africa . In my eyes Africa has the same rate of poverty ,illness ,suffering ,economic situation and not one little bit of difference since then . How is all this money helping ??
I do my bit and regularly give to charity . I will not be made to feel guilty by these Pop stars & Musicians who earn millions and save millions shrugging off paying tax . Each and every one of these Pop Stars should have donated half their wealth to rid the world of Ebola , Now that would, have made a difference and a half !!! We the hard working people of England can barely make 2 ends meet and yet we do our best to donate to good causes . Stop forcing us and do the" good" yourselves . This is just a way of self promotion and lining their pockets for themselves .
On a final note after 30 years should there not have been a new song ??? We have heard this old one so many times , I'm tired of it !! Maybe they all are too lazy to pen a new one , LOL !!!
Have a good night and keep smiling ... Sir Bob does try ... but my pockets can't keep giving . #peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment