Monday, November 30, 2015

Sports Personality Of The Year ?? I'm Sure Those Same Names Were Up Before :)

Hi Guys & Girls  , wherever you are in  your day I hope it's a good one ! Everyday day I like to find an interesting topic to talk about , sometimes it could be a subject that interests you and sometimes not but I do know that the number of people reading my blogs are growing by the minute and I am very happy and pleased about it . Thank you very much to all my followers for reading my writings and I look forward to gaining more over time !

Today as I went through my day I read about the 12 nominees for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year and how  people could phone in with their vote . All very accomplished people are up for nomination , but  some of the people there are nominated every year ? Looks like I see the same names often :( How come , I hardly see top jockeys nominated for all their accomplishments and everyday dedication to the sport .Are they not worthy of a sports Personality Nomination ? Lets not talk about the risk they take everyday , they get on a horse thundering down the racecourse . Jumping over hurdles taking great falls and getting injured all the time . I don't know how well they are paid , but I reckon every cent is worth it's weight in Gold . I often wonder why footballers are treated like Gods paid sinful amounts of money but only play a few matches at the weekend  and have a big season off  ,having luxury holidays , May to August ??  Jockeys ride everyday , almost six hours , seven days a week , travel great distances to racecourses all over England , just for the day , train all the time,  ride horses in their spare time and almost have no life outside of  what they do . Shouldn't they be nominated for a sports personality of the year after working so hard . Yes one jockey does get a title within the sport by becoming Champion Jockey of the season , by winning the most number of races, but a nice title and outside gratitude from the Country , would be a great honour even if it's only me who thinks so !!
Do they wait till the jockey is old and retired before some  kind of honour  is given ? I would love to see the likes of Ryan Moore , Sylvester De Sousa nominated and not to forget Richard Hughes who retired this year and has set up his own stables and training horses . Horse Racing is also a sport , we should not forget !

The new movie made about Champion Jockey AP McCoy is very well done and heartwarming to watch . If you have the time it's worth viewing . You don't need to be a horse racing fan to enjoy the movie , it's a story about his life , dedication , injuries , personal battles and accomplishments , with nice horse racing moments  . Being AP is a masterpiece and I loved it , don't miss it , if it's showing at a place close to you .  Yes he does bear more than a passing resemblance to Rob Brydon but that's where their similarities end :)

That's my thought for today , All sports people should be recognized for achievements . After all we want our children to have good role models ,  people who work hard and show great dedication !
I want to share a nice quote I read today with you all ...

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” 
― Albert Camus

Have an awesome day and keep  smiling ..

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment