Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Ever Pondered - Smear Test or Not?

Happy Wednesday!

Donald Trump is making good on all his promises and that's what we want to see in politicians. The wall is coming up in a matter of months and having been to Tijuana, California, all I can say is it would be a good thing.
This week I was reading an article and happened to see more and more women are turning down the opportunity to have a smear test. The majority fear the discomfort and the rest are scared. I am one of the many who has never ever had a smear test even though my GP sent me many reminders. I phoned and turned it down. I am not one of the people who fears the discomfort and neither am I scared to get a result. I don't want to hear! So as a result, you would wonder where does that leave me and what are my reasons! First, I am all for everyone getting tested, well, if that's what they want. It's indeed a life saver and very reliable. When my daughter comes to the age for one, I would never discourage her. But here is what I think. I don't believe in all the modern science which is being funded 'till there is no tomorrow and everyone with the desire to live forever and somewhere in between people in higher places are forgetting that the population is growing older and unfortunately it is unable to provide for the elderly in society, no adequate funds are put away for elderly citizens, which is getting to be a real problem in our society.
So I feel if by some unfortunate circumstance I should get afflicted with anything, then perhaps it's the right time to go. If the question goes, but you have children, well this world isn't getting better and my children are not looking at a very rosy future with no problems in this world, and I hate the way things are. So sometimes I fear what is going to be in the fate of our young children, especially with technology in full blast. Will there be adequate jobs out there? What is going to be the future for the next generation? People are being forced to work 'till they're so old, they just about die at retirement. If not well before. How are the children going to get into jobs when old people keep hogging all the positions. Unless a lot of things change in the world, I will just be happy to live 'till the time naturally comes to go. So no smear tests for me, thank you very much.
If you do want to live very long and you have a wonderful life with lots of money and no worries, never hesitate to take the opportunity to have a smear test.



Have an awesome day and keep smiling!

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment