Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Circumstances/Happiness: Two Separate Paths!

Happy Wednesday!

Today I saw a statement somewhere, ''You can't always change your circumstances. But you can change the way you feel about them. You always have the option of choosing happiness.'' It's a profound and uplifting statement although I have the intense feeling it's a statement from a privileged person. Not always is it possible to change the way we feel about circumstances we find ourselves in! Yes, we can try to be happy but happy is just a state of mind. It always fills me with happiness to see my children but it doesn't feel me with happiness when I know I cannot give my children everything they want. Everything is a bit general but a holiday once a year is also something beyond a single mother's means! No everybody cannot change the way we feel about circumstance, and you know what? It is okay to feel underprivileged, unhappy.  If we didn't feel sadness we would be robots. We wouldn't know how to achieve, how to build something better for ourselves. The tip I always stress to my kids is to build a good life for themselves. Nothing else is more important. If they could have a good life and give themselves everything they wanted it's an achievement. This world is too expensive to think about having more children. Wages need to be increased by more than double if anyone even stands a chance of family life & happiness. We are in a daily battle in this 'rat race of survival' we make daily choices in our lives. Every choice we make is our own and if we feel comfortable at the end of the day, it is the life we are choosing to live! Although talking about our hopes and dreams are a way of sharing. Never feel afraid to talk about your feelings. It will help you overcome anxiety, loneliness, and depression.

There is a quote I love from Proverbs 13.12 ''Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.''

Keep the hope and don't let the smile fade. Have an awesome day and keep smiling!

Love & Peace.

1 comment: