Monday, August 22, 2016

Poetry: the Seeds of Time

Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening / Night, wherever you are in your day - I hope you're smiling ear to ear!

As a lover of poetry, in between my hectic/rushful/calm/sudden life I'm hit with days when the urge to pen some lines is more dominant than the peaceful surrender of laying back on the couch and watching some Celebrity Big Brother!

The poem I wrote today:

The Seeds Of Time

The big white wall, so bare
My focus fixed, a blank stare
Kaleidoscope vision, stars rotate
Zooming around, does my bed vibrate?
Is it just a dream, the vase of flowers still stands there.
It's not a dream,
I smell the smoke, the gas, the air the choice is harsh.
But my life can't compare.
Sudden thoughts, deep despair,
How high is high, to fall and not miss the concrete stair
I'll turn and twist and somersault
I'll be that diver, I think but it's not the pool I see!
The big white wall, a big white wall
so blank, a canvas, no grey, no black, no color..
I'll paint it blue. With stars and stripes.
It makes me smile, the kaleidoscope of colors.
Someone's rustling my sheets, are you awake?
Deep in slumber, a shocked state!
The cool breeze won't do much
Rested at last.. No, a foolish mistake!

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment