Thursday, August 25, 2016

Delicious Vodka, Cranberry Cocktail for the Weekend!

Happy Thursday,

A heat wave has hit us and with the weather so warm and sweaty the only thing we can think about is how to cool down. Loads of ice-tea, ice cream, and swimming at the local pool. Luckily these warm, warm days are so rare hardly two dozen in the whole year. So it's pathetic to complain but just because it's so rare it's rough acclimatising to the heat. I really do prefer the cold and temperatures above 9-10 degrees Celsius I can cope with!

Today I have a movie recommendation , it might be a pretty old movie but it's definitely worth seeing it! I don't know how I really missed it when it was just released in 2002. But I always intended to see it given the chance. I remember reading the book when Oprah Winfrey first recommended it at her book club (tv show) in 1999. It was a very well written book. If I still haven't written the name, forgive me but I'm sure you will have all heard about it ''White Oleander.'' It's about a young girl of 14 and her coming of age! After her Mum is sent to prison she is sent to a series of foster homes. Her life as it develops and her experiences at each place as she struggles to grow up with all this baggage she has emotionally. It's a very good movie and the book was a very good read. If you get a chance you must see it.

So before I end here I want to share a cocktail recipe that I love. It has a little bit of alcohol, fruit, and all other lovely goodness to make the end of each day as you lay back in the evening, just perfect.

Vodka and Cranberry cocktail

Ingredients:
200ml/7fl oz each vodka and Cointreau
600ml cranberry juice
400ml orange juice
strips of peel from 2-3 limes
crushed ice, to serve

Instructions:
1. Pour the vodka and Cointreau into a jug, then add the cranberry juice and orange juice. Stir well.
2. Pare strips of peel from 2-3 limes. Fill 12 glasses with the crushed ice, then pour over the cocktail. Finish each glass with a strip of lime peel.


Have an awesome day and keep smiling.

Love & Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment