Monday, April 13, 2015

So Many Names in The World , But James for a Little Girl ??

What's in a Name ? How important is a name ? Names are very important because it identifies each one of us, human beings on earth . It also has a special significance to us , because we know our parents, must have loved that particular name, to have given it to us, this bundle of joy ( gift from God ).  Many of us remain satisfied with the name we carry, while a small number go onto ,change their names because it is not a name they particularly  like .
So naming a child should be a very important task and alot of consideration should go into selecting a name for a child . I spent a good 5 months into each of my pregnancy's considering the name I would choose . I remain happy with each of my choices and thankfully my children love their names and wouldn't have any other .
Nowadays though celebrities seem to have started a trend of picking the most wackiest names and lumbering it on their poor kids . Imagine the thoughts Gwyneth put into choosing Apple for her daughter , lol NONE  !! But I don't want to be judgmental because I do like the name Peaches .. but while some names click as nice sounding  , I could never imagine how Apple would ever catch on nor Moses for that matter ! Similarly while Romeo is a lovely name for a Shakespearean play , I could never imagine giving it to a son of mine !
The most recent name which thoroughly surprised me was when Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds decided to name their baby girl James . I thought it was a joke ! It was not , and their logic was since Blake has a boy's name they would give any girl child of their's a boys name . They have not been the only celebrities who have done this . Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis also decided to name their daughter a strong sounding boys name Wyatt ! So gender names now are going to be thoroughly distorted and we are not going to know anymore from the sound  of a name to decide it's sex !
We also have people like Katie Hopkins around , who make judgments on names given to children .. I remember the big fuss she made and the things she said about a perfectly sweet name Bunny given by Katie Price to her daughter . Now the name Bunny I seem to remember is an old fashioned Man's name . But sounds delightful for a girl . Although the name Princess given by Katie Price to her older daughter is definitely not so suitable . Perter Andre has said Princess wants to have her name changed .
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel just welcomed their son into the world , I was surprised by their choice Silas . So it's a good old sounding British name , I think :) , well because of George Eliot's novel , Silas Marner . Maybe Justin loved the book .
Right now , the country has a buzz because William and Kate are preparing to welcome their second child and while they definitely will not be giving the child some strange moniker , it will have some long family link to it . I like Alice and Arthur . I think it's going to be Arthur , got a nice ring to it !
So if you have a baby on the way , consider it long and hard before you rush to name your baby , trends are not for everyone but common names get bothersome when there are three Casey's in the classroom , five Britney's and four James and John's . Be unique but not too . Names are for life and not four or five years .
Hope you enjoyed reading this . Keep smiling and have an awesome day !

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment