Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Prawn Curry .. I Could Eat This Five days In The Week , Delish :)

Happy Tuesday ! Is Rape such an interesting topic that the views on my blog of yesterday were phenomenal . I broke  the last record of the most views with the Christmas wine list recommendations . People as far away as South Korea , Bangladesh , Japan and yes even a record number of views in Canada, were reading it  . Anyways thanks everyone for reading my writings , I aim to write books in the near future , as well as have a compilation of my blogs published sometime soon . In the words of Virginia Woolfe "A woman needs a room of one's own and dosh , if she is to write fiction " true words .. space is what I lack :( I share my bedroom with the two smaller kids and a small living area so it's all cramped but one day soon who knows , space , peace of mind , the recipe of success :)
But the Recipe for today firmly lies in the kitchen where I love to make some delicious hearty food to feed the hungry mouths of my very appreciative children .
Today I want to share with you all , a very tasty Prawn Curry Recipe I love to cook and eat :) Actually all day today I kept smelling the beautiful aroma of a prawn curry . Since no one in my building cooks Indian and with no restaurant in the vicinity , I just took it to mean the spirit of my Mum was close ! She loved a prawn curry and each time she made it on a Thursday I was off from school and I shelled the prawns and chatted with her while she cooked ! I am blessed to feel my Mum's  presence , in all I do !
Before I get carried away the recipe is as follows :

1. 500 grms shelled prawns
2. 1 tsp of black mustard seeds
3. 2 tomatoes
4. 4 tabsps of sunflower oil
5. 3 tabsps of ginger and garlic paste
6 . 3 green chillies chopped
7. bunch of coriander
8. 1 tsp of ground coriander
9. 1 tsp of turmeric powder
10 . Squeeze of lemon juice
11. 2 cloves
12. salt to taste
13. 2 small onions

Get your pan hot , add the oil now throw in the mustard seeds . Let them pop then add the onions and fry till they are softened 3 mins . Now add your ginger and garlic paste the chillies and all the ground spices fry it for a couple of mins ( 4 mins ) then add the tomatoes the salt the chopped coriander leaves let it simmer for a couple of mins . You can add a cup of water if you would like a little extra gravy . Now put in your prawns and let it simmer on a slow fire for about 10 mins .Last add your squeeze of lemon juice . Your prawn curry is ready to eat . Serve it with rice or nan bread , delish !

Enjoy cooking this and I hope you loved reading it too . Have a wonderful  day . Keep smiling .

Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment