Thursday, March 5, 2015

World Book Day , 5th of March ..My Top Ten books :)

The 5th of March is International World Book Day , in the UK and Ireland , so it's very exciting for me , because the kids could  come dressed up in one of their favourite book characters to school . I was eager to get my boy dressed up as Cat in the Hat and my little girl as Alice from Alice in Wonderland . Both were not as eager as myself to be in Fancy dress ,so  they opted to jump on  the next option , of going in their Pajamas to school . It was such a treat to see all the kids dressed up ,in all the bright colours , painted faces . They had a blast at school , stories and games , were the order of the day ,and the youngest did no lessons at all , fun  day :))

In honour of World Book Day I want to list my top10 books of all time and their authors . I have always loved reading and it brings me hours of great pleasure . When I was younger , I had much more time , than I do now  , far too busy to read as often , as I'd like !!
I am a huge fan of Jane Austen , The Bronte Sisters , Oscar Wilde , and I can't say how much , I like Sylvia Platt . Although she wrote only one novel "The Bell Jar "her poetry her life and her struggles , has left a big impact on me . I adore the woman . Ted Hughes's work is pretty impressive as well . If you ever read anything in your life , do start with some of the authors that I've just mentioned , you will never go wrong and it could get you hooked on books . I shall list my top ten books , that have let my imagination soar and taken me hostage , I couldn't lay the book down till I turned the last page .

10. A Little Princess  by Frances Hodgeson Burnett
9.  Great Expectations  By Charles Dickens
8. The Picture of Dorian Grey  by Oscar Wilde
7. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & through the looking glass  by Lewis Carroll
6. Anna Karenina  by Leo Tolstoy
5. Pride & Prejudice  Jane Austen
4. What was she thinking  Zoe Heller
3. The Time Traveler's Wife  by Audrey Niffenegger
2. The Bell Jar  by Sylvia  Platt
1. Jane Eyre  by Charlotte Bronte

It's always a hard choice to pin it down to just  the top ten , but there are still loads for writers from the past and the present making a mark as fabulous authors with flair and imagination .
Hope you enjoyed reading this , even if your top five didn't make it to mine , leave me a comment to say which novel had you gripped . I'll be sure to get it on my reading list . Have an awesome day and stay blessed !

#Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment