Thursday, December 4, 2014

I Got Cooking , Chicken Marsala was on the Menu !

Hi everyone , today in England it was a bitter cold day . The wind felt icy and temperatures were down to 2 C. I was so cold , maybe because it's also this runny nose and common cold that I have, which is making me shiver more ! Anyways got all the daily tasks done . Kids were off to school , fetched on time ! House was completely dust busted , I have a freaking dust allergy , my son's inherited it from me as well . So it was busy all day ...
Then there was the thought what's going to be on the menu for dinner tonight ! I'm sure it's something we all ponder during the course of the day ., unless we are lucky enough to live at Mum's house and she gets all the food done and served . Lucky buggers you all :)
Anyways , my kids love Italian . We all do , but we often think Italian means  pasta and pizza , but this is so not true ! A few years back I had the most amazing holiday in Italy ,  there I discovered a dish called Chicken Marsala , at a local's house . It was so delicious I had to get the recipe and make it for the kids back home . They love it so much , it's a happy staple of ours .Moreover in the winter , it's rich , hearty and very satisfying !
I have adapted this recipe to the way I like to cook it . My kids love it . It's not an authentic one from Italy , but really , really yummy and you should try it . I thought I would share it on my blog with you all !

Chicken Marsala

Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 12 medium white mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup sunflower oil
  • 8 thin slices chicken 
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1/3 cup sweet Marsala wine
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup chopped bacon
  • 3 pods of garlic

Preparation
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the mushrooms, blanch for 2 minutes, drain, and reserve.
Heat the sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium-high flame and sauté the chicken cutlets until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Remove the chicken, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic saute for another 2 minutes
Add the blanched mushrooms and bacon ,continue to cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until mushrooms have browned.
Return the chicken to the skillet and add the wine, 1/3 cup of the beef broth, basil, butter,  and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, adding more broth if necessary. 
Garnish with a whole load more chopped basil and serve with rice or potatoes it is delicious !

You could slice the garlic up or keep it whole and remove it when cooked !

Hope you enjoy cooking this up in the weekend ! Don't forget to leave a comment , if you enjoyed it . Happy eating :)

Bye for now . #peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment